Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We love our Missionaries!!!


To the right is our before picture, what I thought I'd tackle today. The Large Leaf Magnolia was beautiful when blooming, but not so beautiful now. A complete layer of leaves! I went to moms, borrowed her leaf blower, got the gas, mixed it with the oil, but couldn't figure out how to start it. I buy plug in stuff; plug in lawnmower, hedgetrimmer, weedeater, that way I can use my stuff. This gas powered stuff I don't know much about, had a choke switch and then another switch that can point to a turtle or a rabbit. Hmmm. I googled online and couldn't find a manual, texted a few of the guys I know for instructions; no luck. So I gave the missionaries a buzz. They said they were just leaving and would drop right by. Four of them showed up, raked and leaf-blowed the entire front yard, back yard, sidewalk and driveway! And they showed me how to use it because in about 2 days I'll need to start all over again, there's still more leaves in the tree! So the picture on the right is before, picture on the left is after.

1 comment:

Jerel & Amanda said...

Ha ha. that's funny how you were dealing with leaves and then you said the missionaries were just "leaving."