Sunday, April 5, 2009

Arizona


I've tried to take lots of pics, but I didn't bring the cable for my camera. So I'll post them all when I get home. I did take a pic with my camera of Grandpa's memorial service picture. The service was wonderful, Dad played piano, Elise read a scripture, Uncle Gary talked about Grandpas life. Most of you will get to hear that when we have the service in Bremerton next Saturday. Grandma planned on at most 75, but there had to be at least 200 people crammed in the church. It was so amazing to see how many people loved him, and Grandma. Really amazing. Although not hard to see why, they just don't get better than him...

Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Dean had previously made plans to go to a big event at the Elks club tonight, we decided to go anyways. Probably a dozen of us went in there and had a wonderful dinner, and again were overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and respect for Grandpa. It was really an honor to be there on his behalf. And I'm sure he was glad we went instead of staying home being sad. So we've had a big day, full of remembering Grandpa!

No comments: