Friday, February 27, 2009

It's a Bomb, for real!






So I'm laying in bed sound asleep, after working last night. At 3PM my phone rings, showing its' Elise. I answer, but hear a male voice. My first sign something is wrong. Worse, or better? it's a police officer, with the Bomb Squad. Yes, my heart is pounding. He's standing with Elise at the corner of 15th and high, half a block from our house, also her school bus stop. He wants to know if he can let the kids through d/t the bomb that's been outside my house for 2 1/2 hours. What!!!!! I said I'd run out to get them. I do, no bra, no shoes, crazy bed head; my norm lol. There's a big black package acrross the street from our house, the street is blocked off, a little scary. After i woke up a little I realized if they thought it was a real danger we'd be evacuated, but still, when a man in a bomb suit walks in front of your house and uses Richard's work van for cover, who wouldn't be a little unnerved. So that's our drama for the day. And I want to be nominated for blog of the day please!

Of course I can't get flickr to make the slide show now that I have something way cool! So I posted a few pics for now, will try to change it tonight.

2 comments:

Ellura said...

wow thats crazy! Glad you guys are okay!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that was a good one. You can go to http://www.slide.com/arrange?bc=4386&fx=0&tt=24&sk=0&cy=bb&th=0&sc=0 to create a slideshow for your blog, that's the site I use.

I'm glad you didn't get blown up.

Amanda