Sunday, December 21, 2008

Greg, keeping our streets safe.



Todays blog will focus on Greg, a little mentioned, but big loved part of our family! He works for the city, and since this weather began has been required to work 16 hour shifts, 7 days a week. So for everybody who thinks they're not trying to clear the streets, they are! Long hours in the cold. From what I can tell he drives the red truck full of sand with the plow on the front, working on his assigned streets, then when the sand is gone, he goes down under the Warren Ave bridge and hops in the yellow one to fill up his truck. Way too hard work for me! I know most of us don't like driving in it to get where we need to go, never mind for 16 hour stretches. I thought it was pretty cool!

1 comment:

greenerm said...

I guess he can't say he won't be at work because of snow?